Undergraduate & Graduate Students
- U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident.
- Enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) as a full-time student at KU or at an accredited American institution of higher learning.
- Studying a KU FLAS approved language at the intermediate or advanced level.
- Show potential for high academic achievement based on indices such as grade point average, class ranking, or similar measures determined by each individual area studies center at KU.
- Students who already possess language fluency equivalent to educated native speakers in the language for which the award is sought will receive lowest consideration.